October 22, 2013
The NJEA Winter Leadership conference is right around the corner and we hope you can join us.
Registration Deadline is December 2 for the January 24-25th workshop….Sheraton in Atlantic City
Central Leadership Conference deadline is February 3 for the Mary 21-23 workshop…. Hilton East Brunswick
1. Presidents’ Roundtable
2.Legal Issues Affecting School Employees
3. Preparing for Negotiations-Collective Bargaining
4. Grieve-Don’t Gripe- Contract Enforcement
5. AR- a Key to a Strong Organization
6.. Bargaining Health Benefits
7. Basic Treasurer’s Training
8. Effective Political Advocacy Through Your LAT
9. Combatting Corporate Ed Reform
10. Evaluation and the Association: Ensuring Advocacy for Professional Growth
Single Occupancy: $170.00 per person Double Occupancy: $130.00 per person Commuter: $85.00 per person
MEA will make a decision about paying for part of the training at the November meeting, but if you are interested, you need to sign up quickly.
September 25, 2013
August 30, 2013
I just received the update from last year’s United Way Campaign. In Burlington County there are eight associations with a membership of 500 or more. MedfordEA is one. Of those eight, we ranked fourth, which is pretty good considering the times. The United Way campaign begins again in October. Thank you for your past contributions.
August 28, 2013
On September 18, I will be volunteering with NJEA in Camden to help Veterans and their families. If you would like to join me in any of the activities below, please let me know and I’ll add you to the list. If you’d like to drive together, also, contact me.
NJEA Volunteer Event Agenda September 18, 2013
Home for the Brave & Aletha Wright Vision of Hope Center (10 to 15 Volunteers)
• GED Tutoring (10 am to 12 pm & 5pm to 6pm) • Literacy (Confidential setting?) and Math Skills Tutoring (10 am to 12 pm & 5pm
to 6pm) • Lunch and Dinner servers (12pm to 1pm and 5 pm to 6pm) • Day and evening opportunities. • Art Therapy Classes • Health and wellness classes • Computer Literacy Tutoring (Tour of 1812 Federal)
Anna Sample House (10 to 15 Volunteers)
• Mommy and me classes with pre-school children (reading, K-prep etc) (10am to 12 pm)
• Back-to-school theme in September • Educational Arts and Crafts Day • Computer Literacy Tutoring – Parents and Safe Haven (10 am to 12pm & 5pm to
6pm) • Homework tutoring (6pm to 7 pm)
Hot Teams (5 to 6 Volunteers)
• Stuffing care packages for distribution (100) – At Admin Office • Prep bagged lunches for distribution (100) • GED Community outreach in Camden to explain the process
Corbett House (3 to 4 Volunteers)
• 4:00 to 5:00 homework help for kids returning from school • End of August opportunity to help decorate with back-to-school theme and help
distribute school supplies.NJEA Volunteer Event Timeline September 18, 2013
August 26, 2013
Have you entered the NJEA Monthly giveaway? It may be your lucky month!