August 30, 2013
I just received the update from last year’s United Way Campaign. In Burlington County there are eight associations with a membership of 500 or more. MedfordEA is one. Of those eight, we ranked fourth, which is pretty good considering the times. The United Way campaign begins again in October. Thank you for your past contributions.
August 28, 2013
On September 18, I will be volunteering with NJEA in Camden to help Veterans and their families. If you would like to join me in any of the activities below, please let me know and I’ll add you to the list. If you’d like to drive together, also, contact me.
NJEA Volunteer Event Agenda September 18, 2013
Home for the Brave & Aletha Wright Vision of Hope Center (10 to 15 Volunteers)
• GED Tutoring (10 am to 12 pm & 5pm to 6pm) • Literacy (Confidential setting?) and Math Skills Tutoring (10 am to 12 pm & 5pm
to 6pm) • Lunch and Dinner servers (12pm to 1pm and 5 pm to 6pm) • Day and evening opportunities. • Art Therapy Classes • Health and wellness classes • Computer Literacy Tutoring (Tour of 1812 Federal)
Anna Sample House (10 to 15 Volunteers)
• Mommy and me classes with pre-school children (reading, K-prep etc) (10am to 12 pm)
• Back-to-school theme in September • Educational Arts and Crafts Day • Computer Literacy Tutoring – Parents and Safe Haven (10 am to 12pm & 5pm to
6pm) • Homework tutoring (6pm to 7 pm)
Hot Teams (5 to 6 Volunteers)
• Stuffing care packages for distribution (100) – At Admin Office • Prep bagged lunches for distribution (100) • GED Community outreach in Camden to explain the process
Corbett House (3 to 4 Volunteers)
• 4:00 to 5:00 homework help for kids returning from school • End of August opportunity to help decorate with back-to-school theme and help
distribute school supplies.NJEA Volunteer Event Timeline September 18, 2013
August 26, 2013
Have you entered the NJEA Monthly giveaway? It may be your lucky month!